Monday, July 20, 2009

Venting

Things are still going well for us, but I feel a little frustrated tonight. We are supposed to be moving to Arizona in two weeks and we still don't have a place to live. We tried to buy a manufactured home, but that fell through. We didn't end up selling our trailer and are renting it out instead. I was planning on having over $5000 from selling our trailer to cover deposits for apartments, moving costs, and other living expenses but now we may have to take out another loan. The cheapest places we can find to rent in Flagstaff are over $800 a month + utilities. Yuck.

I really am excited to move and have some new adventures, but it just seems like everything is against us moving there right now. I know things are going to work out and Barrett doesn't understand why I stress so much about this (neither do I, really!) but it really makes me nervous not to know what our plans are. I tend to be a person who likes to see the big picture and plan things ahead, so this is tough for me. Worst case scenario is that Barrett will have to go down without us to start school and find us a place to live and we'll come down after. Not a big deal. So why do I feel so uneasy? Who knows? I think I have a disease called antispontaneosity. Where is my sense of adventure? I should be jumping at the chance to have a little suspense in my life. It's like a good book or movie. Who knows what will happen to the Gibsons around the next turn? Stay tuned next week for the conclusion of this exciting adventure!


In the meantime we're enjoying nice weather, free food (we're living with Barrett's parents until we move), and fun with family. Anna gets cuter everyday and can always make me laugh. Thank goodness I have her to keep me entertained and to keep my mind off all this moving stuff!

5 comments:

Audrey said...

I am sorry Andrea that things are so up in the air. Moving is stressful enough without having everything else not work out as you want. Good luck with everything! As for us we will be staying around Rexburg forever, I really don't mind actually. We are now just trying to save up our money so that we can buy a house here in the next year or so. Life is good! Keep in touch and Good luck to Barrett and the next couple years of school! :)

The Martins said...

Oh, that is so stressful! It's so hard to move somewhere far away and get everything worked out with just the right timing. When we moved up to Alaska a couple years ago we couldn't find an apartment for awhile and lived in a hotel for 2 weeks. It was scary, but now when we look back we laugh at those fun, spontaneous memories. It's stressful, but I like how you said it - it really is an adventure! Good luck with this adventure - I hope things work out quickly!

Anni Winings said...

Andrea,

I have some good friends in Flagstaff. If you would like, I'll contact them and ask if they know of any housing opportunities that would be better priced. Just let me know (ann.winings@yahoo.com).

Good luck!

Annicka

MHS 2002 said...

Have you ever considered being a writer? You did a great job portraying the situation. This blog made me smile because I can relate to your moving stress. Best of luck in Arizona. Remember to enjoy the journey and the destination.

Kylie said...

Good luck! I know how you feel, on a smaller scale of course. We have to be out of our apartment by Aug. 31, and are having no luck finding a place in Provo. I know something will work out though - I'm counting on coming to see you in March! Call us if you need anything. Love ya!