Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fall is here!

I know it has been a long time since I updated this.... I don't even have a good excuse. I just haven't done it! So here is a little picture update for September. (Are you happy now Bethany? ha ha) I'll try to post a video or two soon.
It's been a beautiful month with temperatures in the 70's for the most part. We did have a few thunderstorms, but mostly it has been really nice. There are several parks near where we live so I try to go for a walk and take Anna a few times a week. She loves to swing and would do it all day if I let her! She also loves animals and gets excited every time she sees a bird flying or a cat or a dog. Fortunately for her there are tons of people in Flagstaff with dogs, so she gets to see lots of them besides Cooper. I don't think she even thinks of him as a dog. He's just Cooper.












































On Labor Day we went to the county fair. They did a really cool thing and said if people biked to the fair instead of driving they could get in free. So we went to the fair and didn't spend a dime! Yes, we were too cheapskate to even buy some fair food. It was so expensive! But we had fun biking there and walking around for awhile. Anna loved the animals, especially the turkeys for some reason. She kept saying gobble gobble at them! She knows her animal sounds so well and loves to say them to the animals! I don't know if the animals were too thrilled about it, but we sure had a great time.

Anna is a little bookworm! She loves to look at books and be read to. She brings me books all day long and asks "book? read?" It's pretty cute. We got a new bookshelf and put her books on the bottom and she seems to think her shelf makes a pretty good chair as well as a book holder! She sits in there all the time!


Anna is totally obsessed with shoes! She puts them on her dolls, stuffed animals, and even poor Cooper! He's such a good sport and puts up with anything from her.

I think this picture is hilarious! First of all, she's sitting in a baby bouncer and it's about hitting the floor... Second, she is wearing fuzzy boots that are 2 sizes too big with her church clothes (she loves to wear these boots as well as put them on her teddy bear). And third, she is holding Barrett's Portuguese bible. She doesn't even care if books don't have pictures. She just likes to carry them around and flip the pages. What a silly silly girl we have!

This picture doesn't show it very well, but Anna fell down and got a big dark bruise right on her cheek. She's also wearing the fuzzy boots again! By the way, I do do Anna's hair every day, even though it's not done in most of these pictures!


A couple of weeks ago we went for a little hike on a Saturday. We live so close to the mountains that we only have to drive a couple of miles to get to trail heads. This hike was pretty neat because it went from ponderosa pines to juniper trees (Barrett is standing by an enormous one we found) and then turned rather deserty with cactus and yucca plants. We got quite the variety of scenery! It was a fun little hike and nice to get out in nature. It was my birthday on the 24th and I turned 24! It seemed like my birthday all week because I got packages from family almost every day. Everyone was so nice! It was also because Barrett ordered me some things online and they didn't get here in time so I got presents after by birthday too! I'm posing with the delicious raspberry cheesecake I made myself. I don't know why I made so much for just us though, we still have some in the fridge and we have been eating it every day! It is really yummy though!



While I went to the Relief Society broadcast Saturday night Barrett tried to ship Anna off! ha ha
They had a lot of fun with a box of packing peanuts! I like how happy she is just chilling in the box surrounded by Styrofoam! Those two have a lot of fun together. Anna is so much of a mommy's girl still that sometimes I'm really glad to leave her with Barrett so they can have some good bonding time.

Well that about sums up our month. I'll try not to wait so long to post next time!

5 comments:

The Martins said...

I love the picture of Anna sitting in the bouncy seat with furry boots on! She is darling. And she's growing so fast! And I'm jealous that you live so close to hiking trails. How fun! Sounds like you are having fun in Flagstaff!

Kylie said...

You're a little late...winter started today in Utah. :( You guys are so cute! We can't wait to come visit.

Unknown said...

Thank you Thank you!!!! :) I am satisfied for now. I look forward to reading update on life in your area of the world. I sure miss you guys. Not that I was that close to start with but at least I got to see you when I was home.

The Bradfields said...

YAY a post! I know i'm a slacker too and will be updating soon... but it is so good to see you guys are doing well! I miss you guys so much! Anna is getting so big! Lets skype.. Maya will be so happy to see Anna! When are you coming to visit!???? lol.. I know you haven't been gone that long but I miss you!

Miriam said...

That Anna is one silly girl! I love the shoes on Cooper! So funny! Good thing he's so easy going!