Tuesday, April 6, 2010

March Madness

March was a busy month for us. Between spring break, house sitting, a wedding, and just everyday craziness the month just flew by. Here are some pictures of our adventures. Warning: there are a lot of them!

We went to Mesa for a few days during spring break and visited Barrett's grandparents. This is in their little park model trailer. (We stayed in a motel because there was no room for us!)

Barrett's grandparents took us for a drive in the hills above Mesa. It was so beautiful and green after all the rain they got this winter.

This is a place called Tortilla Flats that was once a stagecoach stop.

Riding on the golf cart that Grandma and Grandpa Gibson use to get around in their 55+ community. Lets just say Anna got a lot of attention!

It is so crazy to me that they just grow oranges and grapefruit in their yard! Talk about a different world from my native Idaho! Anna had fun trying to pick them.

She tried so hard to get this one off, but it just wouldn't give!

A little help from Dad

We went to the Phoenix zoo and loved it! It helped that it was 82 degrees. So nice! Anna of course had a blast looking at all the animals and still likes to tell us about all the animals she saw.

My handsome husband and my little monkey at the zoo!



One of my best friends from high school, Amber Blaylock, has been in Mesa doing student teaching so she met us at the zoo and we were able to catch up on our lives since she went on a mission to West Virginia. It was fun to spend time with her.

We house sat for the lady I visit during spring break. They have 3 dogs and a cat that we took care of. They may look cute in the pictures, but I am not a fan of shih tzus or any little yapping dog for that matter. Nor was I a fan of having 4 dogs (including Cooper) in the house. We were so covered in hair!

This is an 80lb Rottweiler on my lap! She is a really sweet natured dog but I would never have a dog this big in my house, especially with black hair! We don't let Cooper on the furniture (except to take this picture) so it was crazy having these dogs all over us all the time. I was definitely ready to go home by the end of the week! On the up side Barrett really enjoyed being able to watch the NCAA basketball games on their satellite all week!

Barrett's Grandma and Grandpa Gibson. They don't like to smile in pictures for some reason

Anna with Barrett's parents at Bethany's reception. It was in the Legacy Flight museum in Rexburg. It was different, but turned out really cool. We drove all night Thursday the 25th to get to Rexburg for the wedding on Saturday and then drove home all day Sunday. It was a fast trip, but went pretty well. Thank goodness Anna is a good little traveler. Can you tell she loves her grandparents?

Anna's "smiley" face. She does this anytime the camera comes out. So silly!

My family was awesome and took care of Anna most of the time we were there. Barrett and his brother Jason and I did the music for the reception, so we had to spend time rehearsing and setting up and stuff so we didn't have time to take care of Anna. She loves her extended family!

Auntie Rachel

Double trouble! Good looking guys those Gibsons!

Sisters!

Yep, we're crazy!

4 comments:

Lydia Story said...

What a fun month! Lots of exciting things to keep you busy. Anna is sure darling. I can tell she is loved by everyone just through these pictures. It is great to see Amber! That's awesome you met in Arizona!! You look very cute with your growing belly!

The Bradfields said...

I'm jealous I didn't get to see you while you were here the whole 2 days! I guess that means I will have to come down there!!! You have been soooooo busy! I miss you so much! Now we need to catch up! How are you feeling? Can you believe the girls are turning 2 this year? WOW! Ok call me!

Sadie Lynn said...

I am pretty sure that you are getting closer to having your babe and I am so excited for you. Good Luck! I think your hair looks so cute in all of these pictures!

Mchoneys said...

love all the pictures! Good luck with baby #2 coming any day I'm sure!