Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Six Months


So Caleb turned 6 months old on the 6th. I can't believe how fast those months went by. He is growing up so fast! He is now 26.5 inches and weighs over 17 lbs. He sits up really well and loves to play with anything he can get his hands on. He also really loves his jump up and will be happy in there for quite a while. So nice when I'm trying to make dinner! Caleb has also started scooting around on his tummy and is really good at doing 360's! He is a lot more motivated to be mobile than Anna was so I think he will crawl sooner. I'm pretty nervous for that day. I think he is going to get into EVERYTHING!! We were pretty lucky with Anna. She really only got into the dog food and water but was pretty good at staying out of other things.


Caleb has the cutest sense of humor. He loves to watch Anna play and laughs a lot when she throws toys around. He thinks Anna is hilarious! He laughs at the most random things too. I was putting bath toys away and squeezing water out of them and he just laughed and laughed. He is also very ticklish! He is a really happy baby and is always smiling at people. I love to go to the store with my kids and see just how many old people come talk to them! Anna introduces herself to everyone and Caleb flashes his most charming smiles! They crack me up!



Anna is 2 1/2 and very much a 2 year old! She wants to do everything herself and gets really upset if I pick something up off the floor for her. She throws it back on the ground and picks it up herself. She is a really good helper with Caleb though and likes to give him his pacifier or a toy when he's unhappy. She also still really likes to be held and cuddled, which I am glad of because she would never cuddle as a baby. Her favorite phrase: "I want mommy to hold you." She says some pretty funny things and gets words confused quite often. She uses her "brush teeth" before bed and likes to drink "nog egg"! The other day I was brushing her hair and she had tangles so she was crying. I asked her why she was crying and she said "because my hair hurts." Then I asked why her hair hurt and she said "because I need a drink!" Silly!



I love my two blue-eyed kiddos and feel so lucky to be their mother. I wouldn't trade this job for anything. They are both so sweet and teach me a lot. I know the Lord knows what he's doing!

6 comments:

The Martins said...

I can't believe Caleb is 6 months old already. Time goes by too fast! That's cute that he likes to laugh and smile at everyone. Anna sounds so sweet! I like that she calls egg nog "nog egg." :) Cute kids!

Morgan said...

Love your cute kids.
Love you.
Love your comments on my blog. =)
Miss you.
hugs
Morgan

Meg said...

Audrey totally does the word switching thing too- when she wants me to hold her she says "want me to hold you!" I love the fun things kids say at this age! Caleb is getting so big!

Bethany Hopkins said...

I can't believe how big they are getting. It is so crazy. They are so stinking cute. I wish we were closer so we could see you guys more.

Love you guys!!!

Miriam said...

I can't believe they're 6 months old already. What is even more crazy is that Elie is taller than Caleb! She's about 27.25 inches but weighs 17.2 lbs. Crazy! I love your pictures. I need to add some more to FB. I'm afraid the blog may never resurface...but you never know. Love you guys!

Amy Baker said...

Andrea your kids are so adorable!! So I didn't know if you knew that I changed my blog address or not so my new one is
http://thebakerfam1205.blogspot.com/?zx=c4fa94cb057992ce
Let me know if you are able to look at it or not