Friday, March 4, 2011

Goals update



I am having a love-hate relationship with blogging right now. I really enjoy doing it, and especially love reading other peoples'. It just seems like I either have nothing interesting to write or I can't find the time to do it. I love reading other blogs that show the everyday things they are doing with their kids and simple thoughts. It seems like I always have to make a big deal about my blog posts. I guess I need to be better about doing fun everyday activities with my kids and then taking pictures of them!

Anyway, I just wanted to update a little on some of the goals I mentioned in my last post. I feel like I am doing much better managing my time and keeping my house in order than I have in the past. Just the other day I thought to myself that I have been married 4 1/2 years and I finally feel like I'm getting the hang of taking care of a house. My mom has stressed to me over and over since I was young just to pick things up when you finish with them or clean things as you go. After several years of practicing the opposite method I can say that she is so right! Most of you probably have already mastered this skill and are thinking "duh!" but I guess it was just one of those things I had to figure out on my own!

I have been doing better at studying my scriptures, though still not every day. I have been reading conference talks along with the scriptures and am really loving it. What wonderful, inspired leaders we have! I have been studying a lot about revelation as well. I was reading the book A Mothers Book of Secrets (which I love) and it talked about being closer to the Spirit and the Savior during the day instead of pushing spiritual things aside as we go about our daily tasks, something I am prone to do. I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me before that I need revelation the most while I am trying to mother and teach my children while doing daily tasks. The Lord knows me and my children the best and knows how they need to be taught. I know there are a lot of great books on parenting, but who better to ask for parenting advice than the Father of us all?

On a different note, I feel like I'm in limbo right now. We're moving back to Idaho in something like 10 weeks and I can't believe it! Our time in Flagstaff has gone by so fast. I thought I would be so glad to get of here and go home, but I'm actually kindof sad. I have met a lot of amazing people in our ward here that I'm really going to miss. And I really like Arizona. I love the sunshine and the lack of mosquitoes! Of course there are a lot of things I will not miss about being here, but I have really enjoyed our little stay here. I think a lot of it has to do with how much I've grown while being away from family. I love our families and am so excited to be close to them again, but I really have had to be independent here and have grown in a lot of ways. I think the reason I feel stuck in limbo is that we are going to live with my parents for a while as Barrett will be doing internships every 8 weeks and we don't want to move the kids around. We will be selling off most of our furniture and putting everything else in storage so we're trying to decide what to keep and what to take where. It will be a whole new adventure!

In the meantime, I'm trying to enjoy Flagstaff and take every opportunity to do things here we won't get to in Idaho. For a couple of days of spring break we are going down to Safford because my grandparents were from there. I want to visit their graves and go to the new Gila Valley temple there. I'm really excited to go, especially since they've been having 75 degree weather!



I love these kiddos! Oh, and their dad too! :)

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Adorable little kiddies! Love tub pics!
So how long were you in Flagstaff? And what for?
Distance is good for growth, but exciting to be on the next leg of your adventures together!
miss your face!

Andrea said...

We've been in Flag a year and a half while Barrett is in PT school. Maybe you should hook us up with a job in a year!