Thursday, January 8, 2009

A long needed update


I haven't posted much for awhile so I'll just give a short update. We had a really nice Christmas with both Barrett's family and mine. It's fun having both of our families so close because we get to open presents at both houses so it's like having two Christmases! We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at my parents' house (where Anna decided not to sleep) and the rest of Christmas day at the Gibson's. Anna had a lot of fun ripping the paper off her presents and playing with her new toys. She was actually really good, especially since she hadn't slept well for 2 days. (We are still working on the going to sleep on her own thing).

We didn't do anything really exciting during Barrett's break from school, just enjoyed spending time together and with family. On new years eve we stayed at my parents' again so we could stay up late and not have to wake Anna up to go home. She slept a lot better that night (thank goodness!)

Anna is growing up so fast. She is still not crawling, but she gets around somehow by scooting on her stomach. I think she uses her toes or something. I think she will get the hang of it soon. She is so close...but then again I've been saying that for like 2 months! Either way she would rather walk around holding my hands all day. She loves to stand up next to the furniture or anything she can. She just learned how to clap her hands last week and it is so cute! I'll have to put a video on here of her clapping. She thinks she is so funny. We love her!

Barrett started classes again this week. He is so ready to be done with school here. I think he's already counting down the days until he graduates in April. We won't find out if he's been accepted to physical therapy school anywhere until February or March. I can't wait to find out where we'll be moving!

Well, I've written enough and Anna is crying for my attention. I'll try to stay more up to date in the future. There are more pictures on my facebook because they upload way faster.
Opening presents at my parents' house.

Opening presents on Uncle John's lap at Barrett's parents'. She was so tired!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

where did your hubby apply to PT school? I forget we have that in common! Or at least, our hubbies do...We gradute (ok, just jeremy does. but I will be graduating from Pocatello. :) in 4 months. We are in Illinois for his 2nd to last internship. So good luck! But for reals, where are your options to go? ANd how old is Anna again? Don't want her to crawl...It's crazy with one doing it...never mind two...anyway, hugs to you friend!

Kylie said...

She's getting so big! I miss you guys a lot, sad that we didn't really see anyone over Christmas...maybe next time. I'm glad things are going so well! I wish Landon was graduating in April. Next year. Good luck to Barrett with grad school! Be sure to let me know where you're going, so we can apply to close school!:) Love you guys!