Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Anna!

It was Anna's first birthday on Sunday, April 19th. This year has gone by so fast! I can't believe how quickly she is growing up. On her birthday we did our normal Sunday routine: church and dinner at my parents' house. Then at 7:00 we went to her Grandma & Grandpa Gibson's house and had a little party. We took lots of pictures of Anna, but I realized after it was all over that we didn't even take pictures of all the family that was there. We didn't even get a picture of Anna with her Daddy on her birthday! :( I'm sad about that, but I guess you live and learn! It was a fun little party anyway. Both sets of grandparents were there along with my brother Greg, sister Lara Jane, Barrett's brother Jason was there and his sister Jacque, her husband Ricky, and their kids Cameron and Katelyn.

We let Anna open her presents first (after she walked all the way across the living room between Barrett and I!) She got spoiled! She got two Little People play sets: a boat and a farmer with a tractor. She also got a book, a toy phone, and a ball. She loves them all!

We sang happy birthday to Anna and lit one candle. We thought she was going to attack the cake when we let her at it because she was struggling in my arms to get to it while we sang to her. It turned out that she really only wanted the candle though! When we let her get the cake she just took little pieces out of one corner and was really dainty about the whole thing. Grandpa Gibson tried to show her how it was done, but she liked doing it her way (big suprise). Here's a slideshow of her party:

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Anna's 1st Birthday!

Make a Smilebox slideshow


I just wanted to include some things about Anna in this post. She is a really happy girl most of the time and loves to make us laugh. She recently discovered how to fake laugh and knows it's really funny! Anna says quite a few words including daddy, momma, hot, hi, hat, and out. She is working on learning a few more, but mostly she just says daddy to everything. It is really funny. It usually goes something like this:

Me: Anna, do you want a cracker? Can you say cracker?
Anna: Daddy!
Me: Not daddy, cracker.
Anna: Daddy!
Me: close enough. Can you say thank you?
Anna: Daddy!

Me: Anna, that is a doggy. Can you say doggy?
Anna: Daddy!
Me: that's close! Do you want to go visit Grammy?
Anna: Daddy!
Me: I give up!

She cracks me up! Anna is a really good eater and loves almost everything I give her. Some of her favorites are pasta, cheese, hot dogs (really great, I know.), crackers, and bananas. She loves to feed herself and I have to be careful because she stuffs everything into her mouth at once! Anna had her 12 month doctor's appointment on Monday. She still weighs 21 lbs (she hasn't gained weight for almost 6 months) and is about 30 inches tall, so she is getting tall and skinny! She still has some baby chub but she has thinned out a lot. The doctor said she is healthy and doing great. She had to get 6 shots, though, so that was sad.

Anna is a little busybody and gets into anything she can. She still won't walk on her own because she is so scared of falling down, but she is a really fast crawler! She is really good to play on her own while I am busy and loves looking at her books. She also likes to dance and is learning the actions to songs. It amazes me how quickly children pick things up! Anna loves to be outside and loves to climb things. She enjoys riding in the stroller when we go walking or running. She has the cutest little voice and is very expressive. She is always noticing things and making little voice inflections to express herself.

Well I've made this post really long already, so I'll stop here. I'm just adding one more thing: here are pictures of Anna a year ago and one now. She has grown so much! We love our sweet little girl!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it!!! I can't wait to see you guys again. It has been far too long. I can tell by the fact that your daughter has grown up far more then I would like at this point. I can't believe she is already talking and walking and all of that fantastic stuff. I need more posts and more pics. Keep them comin'!!!

Morgan said...

Turning one year old is special! Cool that my twins and Anna are only like a month apart! (They turned 1 the 25 of March.) They can run CROSS-COUNTRY TOGETHER! YES! Enjoy the not walking...hold cow...I have kids everywhere...She is so cute, and I love the "DADDY" to everything. Brooklyn just signs "cracker" to everything...haha. Anyway, hugs and miss ya!
Morgan
Do you guys know where you are going to PT school yet?

The Martins said...

Happy Birthday, Anna! She is darling. Can't believe she's 1 already - time goes by so fast. Our little ones are getting old! Looks like a fun party.

Kylie said...

Oh my heck, she is getting even cuter! Can't wait to see her. One of these days...I'm coming in June w/o Landon for Preston's wedding. Maybe I will stop by then! Will you still be there? When are you moving? Love you guys!

The Bradfields said...

YAY! One year old is so fun! Maya is absolutely crazy now, and we need to get together soon! We're still waiting on job stuff but hopefully we'll end up down by you in the sun :) So is Anna feeling better? If she is lets get together! Call me!