Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Beautiful Outdoors

Anna is a girl after my own heart...she loves to be outside! This summer was great because I could go outside with her and she loved to just sit in the grass and wiggle her feet. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do with her this winter. Lots of times she would be really grumpy and I would just take her outside and she'd be happy as can be. I can't do that when it's -20 outside! Anyway, here are some fun pictures of Anna enjoying the great outdoors.
Shooting guns with Daddy...NOT! What kind of mother would I be? Anna loves to ride in the backpack though. I got a jogging stroller so we could go places, but she likes the backpack way better.

Just enjoying a beautiful day in the park


Anna loves swinging at the park by our house. She was a little upset at me for stopping the swing so I could take a picture.


She loves the feel of grass. She's always kicking her feet in it and rubbing her hands over the tops of the blades. She likes to grab it too.


Wishing she could be outside on a cold day!


We put Anna in this pile of leaves the other day. I wasn't sure how she would react, but she loved it! She really liked the sounds they made as she kicked her feet and picked the leaves up. I love that children are so fascinated by the simplest things. It makes me remember and reflect on all the beauties of this world that I take for granted, like the petals on a flower. I love being a mom!

3 comments:

Kylie said...

Such cute pictures! I am not ready for winter either. Yuck. I hate how dark it gets, especially.

Chantell Hammond said...

You are such a good mom. I was sick all summer, and it was too hot to take Lucy out. So I felt guilty like every day because we were always inside. I mean I only took her out like once or twice a week. Hopefully I can be more like you next summer.

The Martins said...

I love the picture of Anna sitting in the grass! Aah, look at that smile! She is the cutest little girl! Love the pictures!